Friday, January 21, 2011

Brownies

I made these brownies back in St. Louis when I had a proper oven which could do fancy things like bake breads and roast meats, unlike my current oven which can only hold my extra pans. I basically followed the recipe in the Joy of Cooking, though the sugar I used was half granulated and half brown. After you finish baking, little chunks of gooey molasses (from the melted brown sugar) riddle the interior of the brownies, imparting a rather chewy texture. Though the picture makes them look like a turd loaf, people enjoyed them a lot. I haven't made them in three years, unfortunately, and I don't even remember the recipe. I would have to find my old cookbook and try it again sometime...once I get an oven that can actually cook food.

No comments:

Post a Comment